Below are listed articles, mostly written by others, that are useful for academic life or considering entering academic life. The content belongs to the authors.
REVIEWING and PEER REVIEW
- Accepting a request to review a manuscript or grant (by Dr. Lilienfeld)
APPLYING to GRADUATE SCHOOL
- Differences between North American and European experiences
- Searching for graduate programmes in Social/Personality
GRADUATE STUDENT RIGHTS
- “It takes a village to raise a child…” (by Kai Jonas; EASP position on structural changes to provide support to early career researchers who are mistreated by mentors etc by helping with mentoring, reference letter support).
APPLYING for a POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
- Asking for reference letters from professors (by J. Aucoin)
- How to ask for a reference letter (by A. Chapnick) [great how-to guide]
RESEARCH and PUBLISHING
- Publication "arms race" (by Dr. Barrett)